Holding the leadership position on the job site, you will be responsible for ensuring production runs safely and efficiently. You will direct planning and coordination while ensuring work is safely executed in accordance with contracts, schedule and budget. You possess master-level rough and finish carpentry skills that allow you to perform a range of tasks required to repair, alter, construct, reconstruct, install and maintain structures and furnishings. Using your knowledge and expertise, you will professionally engage with subcontractors, colleagues and clients to ensure an exceptional experience is delivered.
- Acts as site manager, supervising Production team members and subcontractors
- Maintains weekly contact with management on project status
- Creates and executes accurate 5 day plan on a weekly basis
- Performs skilled carpentry work in the maintenance, repair, alteration and construction of buildings, facilities, structures and equipment meeting project standards
- Ensures compliance with building codes, health and safety legislation and KLC standards
- Assigns and prioritizes tasks for Production team
- Conducts daily tailgate safety talks, highlighting relevant job specific hazards
- Maintains subcontractor relationships and scheduling
- Participates in site meetings with fellow Design/Build team
- Interprets project timelines, plans, diagrams, blueprints, sketches, specifications and working drawings of construction jobs
- Provides daily feedback to Production team members, ensuring KLC standards are met
- Treats first aid issues on job site
- Coordinate inspection with township building inspectors
- Communicate regularly with clients and ensure high level of satisfaction
- Ability to complete all tasks with high attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret budgets
- Ability to work to schedule, completing tasks on time and within budget to meet volume and gross profit
- Ability to provide accurate estimates
- College level math skills
- Ability to maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate appropriately with Design/Build team and management
- Ability to act with honesty, integrity, credibility, self-confidence and independence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train and mentor Sr. Carpenters, Carpenters, Apprentices and Labourers
- Master’s knowledge of building construction
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation including: Occupational Health & Safety Act, Construction regulations
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code and appropriate standards
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Moderate computer & technology skills (Microsoft Office, Email, Text, UDA, tablet, PCs)
- Minimum 20,000 hours residential construction experience
- Licensed journeyman preferred
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Competent Supervisor Training (MOL)
- Valid G-license with an excellent driving record
- Boating license
The Senior Carpenter performs a variety of master-level rough and finish carpentry, and other tasks required to repair, alter, construct, reconstruct, install and maintain structures and furnishings. They must have the ability to manage a job site in the absence of a Project Lead.
• Performs skilled carpentry work in the maintenance, repair, alteration and construction of buildings, facilities, structures and equipment.
• Ensures compliance with building codes, health and safety legislation, and standards.
• Conducts daily tailgate safety talks, highlighting relevant job specific hazards.
• Interprets plans, diagrams, blueprints, sketches, specifications, and working drawings of construction jobs.
• Measures, cuts, shapes, assembles and joins materials made of wood, wood substitutes, and other materials.
• Informs the Production Manager daily about project progress, including any customer concerns, or impending problems.
• Assists in solving technical problems related to building projects through the application building science principles and mathematics.
• Assists Project lead in the completion of tasks.
• Provides feedback to production team daily.
• Oversees the work of KLC apprentices.
• Provide a high level of client satisfaction.
• Understand and stay within project timelines.
• Maintains a high attention to detail in completion of all tasks.
• Ability to read and interpret budgets.
• Ability to work to schedule, completing tasks on time and within budget.
• Maintains effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to collaborate appropriately with build-team members and management.
• Ability to act with honesty, integrity, credibility, self-confidence, and independence.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients and employees in a professional manner.
• Ability to train/mentor carpenters, apprentices and laborers.
• Knowledge of appropriate legislation including: Occupational Health & Safety Act, Construction regulations.
• Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code & appropriate standards.
• Advanced knowledge of carpentry.
• Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
• Moderate computer & technology skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Text, Email, tablet PCs)
• Must have valid G-License with a clean driving record.
• Minimum 10,000 hours of residential construction experience.
• Must purchase basic hand and power tools.
To apply to either of the positions listed above, please submit your cover letter and resume to ben(at)kawarthalakesconstruction.com.
We thank all applicants for their time however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*No phone calls please*