Embarking on our 30th year in business and recently named Employer of the Year at the Peterborough Business Excellence Awards, Kawartha Lakes Construction is a local leader in creating custom, enhanced living spaces throughout the Kawarthas. We are currently seeking an experienced Intermediate Designer:Draftsperson to join our growing team.
The Intermediate Designer/Draftsperson creates designs for new construction projects, renovations and redevelopments. Using competent knowledge and high-level drawing skills they design spaces that are functional, safe, sustainable and aesthetically pleasing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interprets plans, diagrams, blueprints, sketches, specifications, and project working drawings.
- Prepares detailed design drawings; installation drawings using Revit (CAD) software; uses a Plotter to print designs.
- Ensures compliance with building codes, KLC design process and standards.
- Accurately measures building size; uses tape measure to determine scale. Creates accurate As-built drawings.
- Revises and updates drawings with Design Manager to ensure consistent documentation of projects.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of building code, township bylaws, and conservation regulations within the KLC service area.
- Assists in the preparation of quantity take-off estimates for engineered roof & floor systems and verifies all components for accuracy.
- Assists in the assessment of buildings for repurposing and renovation.
- Prepares and presents design proposals to the Design Manager and Sales/Design Team.
- Verifies contract requirements; purchase orders; purchase of windows and doors.
- Reports accurate billable hours by project.
- Maintains a high attention to detail in completion of all tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret budgets.
- Maintains effective team relationships through strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work to schedule completing tasks on time and within budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, suppliers, and KLC team members in a professional manner.
- Ability to act with honesty, integrity, credibility, self-confidence, and independence.
- Ability to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Able to work with moderate supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time; deal with ambiguity.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Moderate knowledge of the Ontario Building Code & appropriate standards
- Strong knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures
- Moderate computer skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Text, Email, tablet PCs)
- Strong knowledge of Computer Assist Design (CAD) programs (Revit), UDA.
- Must have valid G-License with a clean driving record.
- Architectural Technology Diploma.
- Minimum of 6,000 hours of experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter & resume to info(at)kawarthalakesconstruction.com . We thank all applicants for their time and interest in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.