In this role, you will apply superior craftsmanship skills while providing impeccable service for our clients…and on top of all that, you will be part of a great team of people!
The Service Technician assists the Service Coordinator in estimating, selling, and completing warranty and small job tasks. The Service Technician also performs a variety of master-level rough and finish carpentry, mill work, and other tasks required to repair, alter, construct, reconstruct, install and maintain structures and furnishings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertakes/oversees warranty repairs.
- Acts as site manager, supervising team members and sub-contractors
- Work with Service Coordinator to accurately estimate projects
- Assist in selling small projects
- Performs skilled carpentry work in the maintenance, repair, alteration and construction of buildings, facilities, structures and equipment, ensuring project standards are met
- Ensures compliance with building codes, health and safety legislation, and standards
- Maintains sub-contractor relationships and scheduling
- Completes daily site meetings with Service Coordinator
- Interprets project timelines, plans, diagrams, blueprints, sketches, specifications, and working drawings of construction jobs
- Provides feedback daily to Service Coordinator ensuring quality standards is met
- Treats first aid issues on job site
- Arranges and secures inspection with township building inspectors
- Regularly liaises with clients
- Provides a high level of client satisfaction
- Ability to complete all tasks with high attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret budgets
- Ability to work to schedule, completing tasks on time and within budget to meet volume and gross profit
- Ability to provide accurate estimates
- Advanced math skills
- Ability to maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate appropriately with build-team members and management
- Ability to act with honesty, integrity, credibility, self-confidence, and independence
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients and employees in a professional manner
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Masters knowledge of building construction processes.
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation including: Occupational Health & Safety Act, Construction regulations.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code & appropriate standards.
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Moderate computer & technology skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Text, Email, UDA, tablet, PCs)
- Minimum 20,000 hours residential construction experience.
- Licensed journeyman preferred.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Competent Supervisor Training (MOL).
- Must have valid G-License with a clean driving record
- Boating license
- Must purchase basic hand and power tools
Applicants are invited to submit their cover letter & resume to ben(at)kawarthalakesconstruction.com.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.