In this role, you will perform a variety of master-level rough and finish carpentry, and other tasks required to repair, alter, construct, reconstruct, install and maintain structures and furnishings.
• Performs skilled carpentry work in the maintenance, repair, alteration and construction of buildings, facilities, structures and equipment.
• Ensures compliance with building codes, health and safety legislation, and standards.
• Conducts daily tailgate safety talks, highlighting relevant job specific hazards.
• Interprets plans, diagrams, blueprints, sketches, specifications, and working drawings of construction jobs.
• Measures, cuts, shapes, assembles and joins materials made of wood, wood substitutes, and other materials.
• Informs the Production Manager daily about project progress, including any customer concerns, or impending problems.
• Assists in solving technical problems related to building projects through the application building science principles and mathematics.
• Assists Project lead in the completion of tasks.
• Provides feedback to production team daily.
• Oversees the work of KLC apprentices.
• Provide a high level of client satisfaction.
• Understand and stay within project timelines.
• Maintains a high attention to detail in completion of all tasks.
• Ability to read and interpret budgets.
• Ability to work to schedule, completing tasks on time and within budget.
• Maintains effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to collaborate appropriately with build-team members and management.
• Ability to act with honesty, integrity, credibility, self-confidence, and independence.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients and employees in a professional manner.
• Ability to train/mentor carpenters, apprentices and labourers.
• Knowledge of appropriate legislation including: Occupational Health & Safety Act, Construction regulations.
• Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code & appropriate standards.
• Advanced knowledge of carpentry.
• Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
• Moderate computer & technology skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Text, Email, tablet PCs)
• Must have valid G-License with a clean driving record.
• Minimum 10,000 hours of residential construction experience.
• Must purchase basic hand and power tools.
To apply to either of the positions listed above, please submit your cover letter and resume to emily(at)kawarthalakesconstruction.com.
We thank all applicants for their time however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*No phone calls please*