Sandy Lake Screened-In Porch
This Sandy Lake screened-in porch project involved converting one bay of an existing garage to a screen room featuring a gas fireplace. Our client has a busy young family and the cottage on Sandy Lake is their summer getaway from the city. Any precious time spent at the cottage needed to be savored and they loved the idea of getting more space where they could relax, read, play board games when the bugs were too bad or the weather wasn’t great.
As with all of our design/build projects, our team kicked off the “solution seeking” mission with a Discovery site meeting to give our designers a chance to get a feel for the space, get measurements and take into account any site specific issues. Once this meeting was complete, the team could get cracking on presenting an initial concept and corresponding budget for the screen room.
Overall, the screened-in porch is a sleek and smart solution that allows the family to have a multi-purpose space while enjoying the gorgeous views of Sandy Lake.
- Vent Vertical 4 track windows, aluminum vertical 4 track door
- New exterior door between the garage and screen room with self-closing mechanism
- Pre-finished pine v-joint planks to the ceiling and walls
- 3″ square casing around the windows & doors
- Gas fireplace with wood mantle and cultured stone
- Painted and stained pine timber, the screen door, window stops and trims. Also primed and painted new wall, garage side and door. All surfaces were done with Home Hardware’s Beauti Tone paints.
|Concrete||Doughty Masonry Center|
|Electric||CPD Electrical Services|
|Electric||Tony Timmermans Electric|
|Exterior Finishing||Alf Curtis Home Improvements|
|Exterior Finishing||Rehill Building Supplies|
|Flooring & Tile||Stradwicks|
|HVAC / Fireplace||Friendly Fires|
|Insulation||Great Northern Insulation|
|Lumber||Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre|
|Lumber||Woodview Farm & Forest Products Ltd|
|Windows/Doors||FCI Window Products|
“KLC did an amazing job with our screened in porch. They transformed a garage bay into a beautiful, multi-purpose room with perfect views of the lake. They communicated throughout the project, giving us constant comfort around the completion of the job.
The room has become the central hub for our family at the cottage. We are so happy with the result and we’ll definitely work with KLC again in the future.”